Lowering RH in a Tough Environment

No…just passive intake. I will be receiving my AC Infinity S8 (will be using controller from T6), AC Infinity 8" carbon filter, and some ducting on Wednesday. Will repurpose my 6" for a drying tent.

After doing some more research, I found that my current 6" fan setup with a 1+ year old carbon filter w/pre-filter is just on the edge of what I need for CFM requirements when taking into account heat from lights, etc., so hopefully this will help.

Keep in mind most carbon filters have a removable flange so you can flip it to the other end, and in theory get more use, and at a year old, maybe better results. Also, the AC Infinity carbon filters are pretty nice

1 Like

I found a couple nanners today😢in the buds of one plant. Have since removed it from tent. Would that pollinate the entire 5x5?

I’ll have to check. It’s a Phresh filter that’s currently in there. When I take it down to put in the dry tent, I’ll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

I would say it depends on how much longer you have to harvest. Based on the photo, the trichs still have time. If not too much longer you could let it ride.

I would think it also depends on how many you see. If you see a lone nanner, may not be a big deal. Different story if you see large pockets of them.

You could harvest this plant now and hopefully the high won’t be too racy. This is your safest option because by removing the plant, it will not pollinate. Depends — play it safe and harvest now or maybe let it ride because it doesn’t look too bad and about to harvest the whole crop anyways.

Man I ramble when I’m high. Lol.

Hahaha meeeeeeeeeee too!!!
Yeah I chopped that one. I only seen those two pics in different spots on the plant.
My second question is : are those type of hermie/nanners in the buds caused by environment stress ie light leak, heat, etc… or is that a strain thing?
I have five more plants from clone that were the same as that one. I can think of a few times when that there could have been a light leak directly above that plant

It’s my understanding that genetics ultimately is what determines if a plant will have those traits, but bad environment will contribute further.

I would be very careful with your other clones.

If you don’t catch it in time it could most certainly pollinate the entire space.

Man I’m getting super beat up!!!
I must have a pin hole in this tent bc everything else is perfect. Another on a different plant.
Could it be my lights to close? Or night vision on the time lapse?

The plants are 65 days in flower next Monday can I hold off from cutting them? There was pollen in that nanner for sure. I cut the bud off carefully took it to another room to get a better look and when I touched it with tweezers a little “puff” went in the air.
Any one ever buy seeds from ILGM.com?
Definitely knocks the wind out of you

If you’re at 65 days, that could be the cause for herm. If you push some strains too far they herm because they’re trying to preserve themselves

Don’t be let down…you could be fighting a losing battle if the genetics suck. If you’re seeing nanners on other plants after you already pulled the first one you noticed them on, that’s not good. Tells me the there was cross pollination or all of them are going to show this trait due to genetics. Whether to cut early or let it go…that’s tough. You know already you are not going to get the full potential from these, so you could let it go just keeping that in mind. You can pull some now and some later. Experiment and count this as a learning lesson. What @Wheels84 said is true as well. All depends on genetics.

I was disappointed with my first grow because I had no idea and just ordered some seeds. Now, I only order genetics that have a tried and true following (like Mephisto Genetics for autos), and it’s much better. I can beat the hell out of plants that come from good genetics and they still grow great in spite of my screw ups.

Remember, just because you see these doesn’t mean all is lost. Plenty of people have got stoned from seeded bud. It’s not optimal, but hey…there’s next grow.

Well I just checked the trichs on that plant and they are 50/50 amber cloudy so maybe I did go to far. The website said 70 days. Oh shit!!! It says 8 weeks. That’s 56 days. Wait right??? I’m baked!!

Generally speaking, the numbers the breeders give are kind of arbitrary because every grow and grower is different. A full 8 weeks would be 60 days, meaning 70 days is 9.5 weeks.

A plant is generally considered mature in flower when the trichomes are milky. Clear trichomes are immature, amber trichomes are overripe. This is where you can potentially lean a plant towards desired effects.

I said all that to say this: Listen to the plant to get the right harvest date

Oh mannnnn this blows.

Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Weirdest looking plant I ever did see

As far as the overall plant, looks like you have a strong NLM (narrow leaf Marijuana) plant, or Sativa as most would say. As far as the spots on the leaves, as cliché as it is to say, I would lean towards calmag.

i’d say LOOKS like calcium/magnesium with more deficiencies possible if not corrected soon.
i have had a 3 1/2 week calmag defi/problem. i utilize VPD, environment is good, soil, water, food all good. i use foliar spraying to diagnose problems. she loves a calmag foliar spray. it’s gotta be the LED LIGHTS that are the culprit.

i took one plant and moved it outside. both were suffering a calmag defi. the outdoor plant turned around nicely. she is healthy and growing green. the other plant is still in tent and still suffering. the only difference is the sun v.s. the HLG 260 QB V2 rspec hanging over her. water/food the same less when it rains.
i follow manufacturers recommendations for power and height for light.

my question is with new LED lights running cooler temps, higher light intensity are we locking out calcium and then other nutes as a result ?

LED lights are changing so fast. can plants and growers change or adjust for the new growing curve with each new QB LED light that comes out.

i’m not a 20 year seasoned grower, not pretending to be. i have spent WEEKS online diagnosing and still looking for the answer to this. i won’t flip her till she’s healthy and it’s time to flip… frustrating.

@slick5o Dude you are spot on. I have some info for you I think bc I was going thru the process of elimination the same way

I was getting ready to put it off on ilgm seeds until I thought about the lights. I was using hlg550/supplemental uv and that was the only other common denominator in all 3 grows. The seeds and the lights. I put one of the gg autos underneath one of those grow 4ft tube deals and the plant seemed to get right on like nothing happened. I’ve tried 3 different nute brand with calmag sup and without. I honestly think it’s the light. I have 2 550’s & 2 650’s and don’t wanna use them now😢.
I did however raise the ppm to 1700 on the plant that seems to have grown out of it. So I was thinking heavy feeder? Idk PLEASE let me know what u come up with. (Also it never seems to start until flower)
Does your situation resemble that one at all