Anyone know what this is?

manganese deficiency ?

what type soil ? reused ? bad batch maybe ?
you said your plants go limp after you water ?

I wondering if this is bc I mix soil and coco 50/50? Hypothetically speaking they have two different ph ranges to water at? I was just trying to make the soil real light and by doing so I think I created a problem that can’t be fixed? I remember my first run I used Miracle-Gro potting mix and I didn’t have ay issues until I started mixing soil

If you’re mixing soil & coco, I’d imagine it would behave mostly like normal soil, but with different water retention properties.

1 Like

Honestly speaking I don’t think my watering method is correct. I rarely water til runoff so I’m prolly salt stacking until the roots shut down🤦‍♂️

I recently had the opportunity to speak to a medical garden manager and he basically said I’m starving my plants to death. So I’m gonna switch it up and see what happens. I think consistency will be the answer to my issues!

you may be right about mixing different soils. i also ran across Black Spot Fungus. does not look fun. gl

are you feeding nutes or strait water?

I’m also guilty🙋‍♂️ Of never watering my plants till runoff… I grow in 5 gal fabric pots with fox farm ocean forest, I water 80% of a 1 gallon jug slowly with a Chapin water sprayer… I use the fox farm nutrient trio(currently big bloom&grow big) every other watering. Am I supposed to water till run off…?

Well if you end up with small black spots after about a month or so into the plants life then I’d say yeah water til run off lol

Every other type deal. I believe I outsmarted myself and that’s where my issues are coming from. I wasn’t watering that often in order to let the plant “cycle”, I feed then water which in reality is starving the plants bc they are only receiving food once every 6-8 days depending on pot size and how fast it drains and drys out. On top of that, the salts are building up and prolly cause a lockout not to mention the 50/50 soil n coco that uptake nutes at different ph values. So I was plagued from the beginning and just didn’t realize it!
I’m gonna start over and keep it simple. Thanks for all the reply’s!!

what ppm/ec are you feeding? what are you using for a light? when you ad coco to soil your ph will be for soil. what is the temp and humidity of the room when the lights are on? how far into flower were you? did you chop the plants yet or do you still have them going? did you check the run off ppm/ec?

you dont want to water to run off in soil. the soil has nutes when you add nutes you can burn your plants

1 Like

Well jd I have to be doing something wrong. Answers to your questions…
#1)Currently 3 weeks into flower.
#2)I feed right around 600-800 ppms.
#3)I did not chop all the plants I kept 3 so I can try to learn my way through this and figure out what I’m doing wrong.
#4) I watered til runoff yesterday, I put in 800 and 1300 came out the bottom at 6.0(Plastic 2 gal pot)
The other one came out 4400🤭(3 gal fabric pot) so when it drys I’m going to flush it out. This particular plant is not exhibiting the same symptoms but it is more lime green and very slow growth. After 2 weeks of veg new growth had twisting tips. All are auto
5) they were under HLG 550 with 30watt UV supplemental light bar. Have since toned it down a bit to a marshydro SP-250
#6) my temps and humidity are pretty consistent at 76 F and 50-55RH w/lights on and 70-72 F and 55-65 RH at night
7) I’ve been ph’ing at 6.0-6.3. (I have 3 meters and for some reason they’ll all read differently so I get it as close as I can)

Hey jd, thanks for the response. Glad I’ve been doing something right then with not watering till run off. But when you say the nuits can burn the plants, what should I do to avoid that? I started introducing the fox farm trio nuits about 3 weeks ago… big bloom and grow big to be specific. I only add nuits every other watering

Your pH in soil should be 6.5to 6.9 in my opinion your probably using cheap pens and there not accurate I had the same problem get some pH drop test kits I ruined alot with cheap pens they are very sensitive and can be ruined really easy.
I would look at the roots see if they are white and thick good keep the plant or black and thin bad turn off the uv suplument and put it away for 2or 3 years put the 550 back in as far away as possible min 24" or dim it down from the tops of the plant. raise the humity in your room to 65% and temp to 82/84f stop feeding 800ppm only magnesium 150 ppm pH 6.5to 6.9 when you ad oh up or down mix for at least 30 min from the last time you out a drop in . the plant with 4000ppm flush 10 gal thru check ppm at the end then let it dry out till it’s light as a feather then water to run off to see what’s it at send me a z if this works and tell pulse to send me a free pulse🙏 thanks pulse and if it doesn’t start from scratch and kiss keep it simple stupid and pulse can still send me a free pulse for trying thanks pulse your the best👍 good luck let me know what happens

Yeah I’ll give it a shot but I would think that the salts are just gonna build up again. I already flushed that plant down to 650 and left it at that. She’s kinda limp right now but I’ll get her in shape after she sobers up a bit. The nutes in fox farms soil only give a month worth of feed in the soil so you got to start feeding them at some point no?
Appreciate the info. Maybe peet w’ll send ya a prototype for the tutorial! Thanks

yes you will have to feed at some point but they need rehab right now i think more of your problem was temp and humidity if there not right the plant cant use the npk in the soil it can burn up the leaves or rot the roots. remember whats in the soil is breaking down slowly less is more always. you should also check your leaf temps with a inferred thermometer they should be a couple degrees lower than room temp.

in my opinion i wouldn’t use nutes in soil. the soil should have what the plant needs to grow if you use a good soil to start. nutes are for hydroponics,pro mix or coco. i do not recommend coco for beginners big learning curve good luck

I’m picking up what your laying down. You think the root zone was to cold?
I have those 80 F heat mats