When to Change to Veg Template

I’m using a Pulse One. My current grow is Gorilla Glue autoflowers and I’d like to know when to change to the “veg” template.

The plants were raised from seeds. One plant has two sets of five fingered leaves, the other just sprouted the first set of five fingered leaves.

I’ve spent quite a bit of time trying to get a concise definition of when cannabis plants enter the veg stage but haven’t come up with one so far. Does anyone have a definitive answer?

I’ve only been growing for a year and in that time I’ve seen quite a few topics where “close enough” works out just fine. I can live with that but my tendency is to try to get an accurate answer.

Thanks in advance.

“flip” - right, that’s when photo got from veg into flower. These are autos going from seedling to veg so it’s not as big a move. Autos are different than photos in a few ways. You can use the same light schedule (24/0. 20/4, 18/6) and they flip themselves. It’s like they have a mind of their own. You don’t have to worry about light leaks or even keep the tent doors closed when it’s light out.

I’m not confident there is a perfect answer to this, but I’d vote it goes from seedling to veg when it begins to focus its grow to leaf production.

When it comes to switching templates I usually just update the same template throughout the grow. Usually because I try to adjust my environment slowly over a period of time. In veg I try to keep my VPD at 0.8 and by the time I am in early flower I aim for 1.1. I try to make that transition over a week or two.

Hope this helps.