VWC/EC Sensor "glitch"?

I am noticing a “spike” in VWC% at around 3 or 4am. My last irrigation of the day is at 8pm but when I review my graph in the morning, it shows the VWC% go up considerably, even though there was no irrigation taking place. This is giving me a hard time achieving the required “dryback”. I have two Ecowitt moisture sensors in place as well and neither of them show this “spike” at 3-4am. What could be the cause of this mysterios spike in VWC?

hast du einen batch tank?
wie hoch ist dein tank? wie hoch ist deine bewässerung ab bode?
hast du magnetventile oder nicht?

My resevoir is raised about 8 inches off the ground. At first I thought that water was backflowing but my irrigation rings are above the water level in my resevoir. I even set up my cameras to record my irrigation drippers, to see if water was indeed leaching out but they aren’t.

Best way to trouble shoot would be to disable your irrigation for the evening. If you have an inline valve somewhere I’d throw it and see if you see the same results.

However I did notice that when my sensor was in one plant that within a certain vwc% range the reading were a bit up and down. I noticed a consistent tread at that percentage. I’ve since moved it to another plant and I am unable to reproduce. I imagine the fabric pot I have is a touch too thick and perhaps causing some inaccuracies. Next run I’m switching to a thinner grow pot.