Temperature/humidity sensor package and its location

I know of another system that has the humidity/temperature sensors in an asporator. They are pushing the air out of the bottom and pulling it in at the top. They have the sensor 8 feet high in the air 3 feet above the misters which are 5 feet above the ground. Sould not the sensors be located above the plants say 3 inches above the plants and pulling the air in through the bottom and out the top? how can they get leaf temperatures that high up? I am new at this. Thank you for your answer.

Hi Schmitta, Ideally you’re pulling air that’s around mid-canopy height to get the most representative value of the environment throughout the canopy.

As far as leaf temperatures, that’s a totally different beast. The best way for those is using a real-time value from a calibrated IR thermometer. As a different option, you can take manual readings and enter an offset in our app: How to Measure and Set the VPD Leaf Temperature Offset | Pulse Help Center

Agree with Pete. I keep a sensor higher in my canopy and one more middle, that way I can see the difference. Instead of thinking of these numbers as a single unit, I think its best to think of those numbers as a range since not every part of the plant gets the same temp, RH, VPD, air flow, or light.

1 Like