Suggestions

Need a top cover so customers don’t need to make one.

Co2 reader

Need to fix the “change name” for the iPhone app as it doesn’t pull up your keyboard when you click it like it states.

You need to highlight it then click it so it prompts you “copy, cut, paste, speak” and you need to choose cut.

You then need to click the space after removed (cut) for the keyboard to show up, then you can change the name.

Need it 5g WiFi as 2g is being phased out.

Need a Better plastic more solid feel for quality.

Need to be able to disable or disconnect from the WiFi.

Would be nice to have them disabled until you chose to enable them (take off line and put online button)

Regular temp plus windchill would be nice. When fan blows on it, it drops a couple degrees. Maybe have something in the program to have this.

1 Like

Hi @RowsOfGreen,

Need a top cover so customers don’t need to make one.

Top cover is optional, but we have been considering including one made of laminated cardboard or plastic.

Co2 reader

We’re working on a CO2 device - the Pulse Pro. Hoping to have it out end of this year.

Need to fix the “change name” for the iPhone app as it doesn’t pull up your keyboard when you click it like it states.
You need to highlight it then click it so it prompts you “copy, cut, paste, speak” and you need to choose cut.
You then need to click the space after removed (cut) for the keyboard to show up, then you can change the name.

We’ll look into this and try to fix it soon! I have prioritized it in our engineering issue tracker.

Need it 5g WiFi as 2g is being phased out.

Unfortunately, this one isn’t in the cards. 2.4g WiFi is definitely not being phased out, in fact it is perfect for the current application. 2.4g is both lower power and better range and wall penetration, so you get better signal with it inside of grow rooms and further from routers, in addition to better battery life.

Need a Better plastic more solid feel for quality.

We use a top of the line 30% glass fiber high density plastic, you can’t really get much better than the plastic we use. It does feel light, but that’s be cause we use high quality components and don’t weigh the product down for an artificial feeling of quality. It would be nice if it weighted more, but that’s just how it is unfortunately. If you want to look up the plastic we use, it’s BayBlend T88 GF-30.

Need to be able to disable or disconnect from the WiFi.
Would be nice to have them disabled until you chose to enable them (take off line and put online button)

Curious what you would use this for?

Regular temp plus windchill would be nice. When fan blows on it, it drops a couple degrees. Maybe have something in the program to have this.

That implies to me that you don’t have really good airflow in your space. Your temperature should be consistent whether a fan is blowing on it or not. You shouldn’t have zones with still air in your grow space. In addition - windchill isn’t an agriculturally relevant parameter - it just deals with how humans perceive temperature.

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback, I really appreciate it.

@RowsOfGreen - the name change issues you brought up should be fixed now!

Awesome thanks

I did not mean for it to sound like the plastic was no good. You answered my question with talking about the weight. I think that is more less what I mean. I know that they are greatly build and I guess it just doesn’t feel solid to me because of the lightness but it most definitely is a good build.
I was having issues with it hooked up to my WiFi and was getting a million notifications and it was crashing my internet is why I mentioned the enable/disable button.
I was thinking for people like me could just turn it on and off when they wanted to get the reading, this has recently been fixed tho, I was using an extender and there was interference because of it. After disconnecting from my extender all problems were solved, internet now works good and I don’t get all the offline notifications and all pulses running smooth.
The netgear nighthawk WiFi extender does not work good with the units so if people are looking to use it with a extender I would use a different brand than the nighthawk.

What I meant about 2.4 on its way out is that a lot of people are going 5g or 5g fiber optic or that companies are making it a all in one type connection between 2.4 and 5.
If Someone has this, do they not have to go into their router and split it and make a separate 2.4g only connection?
Like instead of it being pulseinternet they need to switch to having 2 connections pulseinternet_2.4 and pulseinternet_5g and then connect to the 2.4 one? (This is a question I’m asking I’m not saying it’s true lol) or will it still connect to the all in one connection?
I have great circulation in my grows. What I meant is if I take my pulse out and away from direct wind the temperature changes. Air is being exchanged perfectly and I’m talking about wind from my fan. It’s not a big deal tho.

I would give these meters a 10/10 and they are easily the best on the market. I just had suggestions and questions is all as I was asked to post if I had any.
Thanks for answering

Is it still recommended to have something keeping the unit out of direct light now that it is a new model? I am seeing a lot of people running them without any type of cover directly under their lights and was wondering if this is ok now? Thanks

I was having issues with it hooked up to my WiFi and was getting a million notifications and it was crashing my internet is why I mentioned the enable/disable button.

You can modify your thresholds to get an appropriate amount of notifications. It shouldn’t be crashing your wifi - Pulse’s data usage is pretty tiny.

If Someone has this, do they not have to go into their router and split it and make a separate 2.4g only connection?

This depends on the router. Some work well, some have trouble and require you to split the network.

I have great circulation in my grows. What I meant is if I take my pulse out and away from direct wind the temperature changes. Air is being exchanged perfectly and I’m talking about wind from my fan. It’s not a big deal tho.

The air from your fan should be the same temperature as the surrounding air. It’s pushing the same air around, the fan doesn’t change the temperature. It just feels colder to a human because the air in your grow is likely cooler than your body temperature, and what you perceive as colder is the temperature difference due to heat lost from your body because of convection.

Is it still recommended to have something keeping the unit out of direct light now that it is a new model? I am seeing a lot of people running them without any type of cover directly under their lights and was wondering if this is ok now? Thanks

I would still recommend it, but you can test it and see.