SmartThings Integration?

It’s great this device collects RH and temp, but it doesn’t do much good to just tell me about it, I want it to act upon it by turning on the heater, or turning on fans, or turning on a humidifier or dehumidifier. Is this what this device does?

Hi,

We don’t have any integrations like that yet, but do plan on something like an IFTTT integration in the relatively near future.

I actually find it really useful for fine tuning my environment and seeing whether my controllers are set up & working the way I want them to. You won’t be able to figure out anything w/ just a regular hygrothermometer, but the pulse really lets you see the effects of your actions in your grow.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Having a hard time understanding why I can’t figure anything out with a thermometer and hygrometer that records history over time? The only difference is that those don’t calculate VPD but with your free fancy spreadsheet I can easily do this to ensure I’m in line over time, and can better control my environment by flipping things on and off through the day and night times, and also automatically adjusting parameters in germinating, veg, and flowering. Especially easy in flowering as I decrease temperature every week as it comes closer to ‘winter’.

Really interested in understanding the concept I’m missing with Pulse here. Point me to some marketing material that I haven’t come across yet?

This is a monitoring device, not a controller. It comes in handy to have real-time alerts in the event your lights don’t come when they should (or even if it detects they are not as bright as usual for whatever reason), if the humidity gets too high, etc., while logging all this information. I think that is the use case for this, at least that’s how I use it. Before, I had a thermometer/hygrometer with a webcam pointed at it along with an AC Infinity fan that has some very basic controller functionality. Now, I can get alerts on my phone when any temp/humidity/light goes out of threshold. It’s then up to me to make any needed changes to get those back within threshold. It’s cool to hear they are looking into IFTTT integration to add-on some automation for external devices. If you’re looking for automation based on thresholds, then you would need a controller until IFTTT integration comes along. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

I understand it is a monitoring device, but it does say that it sends the data to cloud and is accessible from anywhere.

“The Pulse One is a unique hardware device that keeps you connected to your garden even if you aren’t nearby. Within just minutes of installing the Pulse One in your greenhouse or grow tent, you can begin monitoring your temperature, humidity and light levels. The Pulse One easily connects to your Wi-Fi network and sends data to the cloud so you can monitor your grow from anywhere in the world that has access to the internet.”

I would like to access the data on my Azure IoT Edge Device in the greenhouse or via my Azure IoT Hub in the cloud. If the edge device is connected to the same Wifi, can it get the data? If not, do you have a developer api to access your cloud? I can call your api to get the data and forward it to Azure IoT Hub. My goal is to use Machine Learning to send commands to other devices in response to an anomaly or alert. I just need access to the raw data. What do you offer as far as a Cloud API? What else do you suggest to access the data.

Thanks,
Donnie Kerr
Cedar Valley Farms

2 Likes

Hi Donnie - we expose a public facing API for some customers. You’d be able to leverage that with the Azure IoT Hub and achieve what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Excellent! Thanks Peter!

Is this only something to utilize for “some customer “ or anyone interested?

Tommy, for now we’re only doing this for bigger customers since it takes some custom integration work to set each user up. Longer term, we’ll be building out an API auth flow into the app so that we can expand this to more users.

1 Like

Hello peet,
wanted to ask, if there is any progress in developing an API or another form of usablity to the output data of the pulse yet?

Thanks

Hi @killik1991 we’ve got a pretty immature and poorly documented public API we expose to Professional Tier subscribers, however, there are improvements in the works (better documentation, key provisioning, etc). As the API matures, we’ll probably allow Enthusiast Tier subscribers access.

1 Like