Reported VPD question?

The VPD number reported by the app is quite different from the VPD numbers in the charts. For example: The Temp is 81f and the humidity is 60%. The app shows a VPD number of 1.8, however the chart indicates this would translate to a VPD of 1.2. why such a big difference. In both cased the leaf differential is 2.

Thanks for your help.

Admin edit: see post below:

I also had mistakenly set the leaf offset to a positive rather than a negative number. That created much of the erroneous number.

John:
VPD also takes into account the growth stage of the plant - clone, veg, flower. If those are different, that could explain the variance.

I am looking at Veg in both cases. This issue is that the app calculates a different number (much higher) than what the chart says the values should result in.

thanks

If the stage, leaf temp offset, and the degree settings (C vs F) are the same, I would think that the VPD would be the same.
Agree that’s a huge variance. The displayed value could differ do to rounding but not the underlying, calculated value.

It sounds like there could “an issue”.

Any chance you’re using Excel on OS X? I’ve found that I can’t select the flowering stage when I use OS X 10.13.6 and 10.14.6. It works fine under Windows 10 but it renders differently on macOS.:frowning:

This is the screen shot of the Pulse App. Following is the VPD chart from the web site.

VPD Chart for Vegetative (Veg) stage in Fahrenheit -2F Leaf Temperature

The app says 1.9, the chart says it should be 1.1 to 1.2.

I reported the same issue, the temp and humidity numbers are always off I have to reset the offset every morning just so it’s close. This monitor is not accurate at all. I don’t trust it. Worst money I’ve ever spent.

Thanks for the help folks. I also had mistakenly set the leaf offset to a positive rather than a negative number. That created much of the erroneous number.

1 Like

hay it happens to us all, overthinking is my worst enemy…not looking at the smallest details…

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted out.