Question about readings

FYI: I actually got that “Dance” quote from some else, I liked it so I started using it. I just hope the gentleman I copied it from doesn’t mind.
So feel free to use it.

Could be bigger in my opinion - but ya 1500 sqft of canopy . Could use about 2 more pulse pros. Actually my pulse just saved my ass about an hour ago when one of the old dehuys went down. I was able to get an alert my humidity was jacked and make adjustments. Thank god for the alerts and pulse.

And yes as long as your son is licensed hvac it’s easy to get parts. It was like pulling teeth in CA to get hvac parts with no license. Even tho we are extremely competent to install and service…

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, dam that’s awesome that’s about a 3rd of my yard. Myself and two of my sons just started growing last year. I think that the Pulse is a very useful tool, and for us is essential.
Especially I a grow area like yours, it could have meant the difference between success and failure.
My oldest son, Jr is a licensed HVAC tech, and I have to brag. He’s just about a genius when it comes to A/C.
Anyway Jr has a grow room at his house, it’s about a 12x12, it used to be a spare bedroom. LOL
I built a 8x8 room in my basement, and along with my other son Matt. We have 1 successful grow under our belts so far.
I would love to build something in the back part of our yard, like a 20x30 foot building would fit nicely back there.

"May your plants Dance "

1 Like

Super nice man that’s rad -the pulse (for me) is cheap insurance and has performed great, with minor hiccups with Wi-Fi and connecting…as I’m located up in the high country. I’d love to see some of your grow journals if ya have some. It has become a lifestyle for us as well as a lot of work but we enjoy our farms, from livestock to hogs to chickens and quail…It’s a blast

As far as issues here I hope everyone figures out issues and has successful harvest and hope I have helped a little bit.

Thanks guys

Loud Trees~

How do you get 100% as my 2 grow light science 300s are 25" above plants and get around 97% to 98%. Anyway nice setup man. Looking good…

Sorry for my previous comment. Thanks to try to help. I am not worried about humidity lowering when lights come on. I am more concerned about the readings i get. I find night temps and humidity to be spot on, but lights on I think the temp is 2 to 3 c out and possibly humidity slightly higher compared to other sensor when lights are on. But i will try it at different heights and maybe slightly closer in height to the light, by a few inches or so. I also have an IR gun arriving tomorrow, so will check leaf temps and adjust the offset. I do appreciate your time and help Peet. Have a great day.

we still do warranty stuff well outside the return window. hit up support

If the pic from this page is right, Buy Grow Light Science Grow 300 LED Grow Light – LED Grow Lights Depot These lights don’t have a ton of IR in the spectrum:

They shouldn’t heat things up a whole lot below them. IR is what causes heating of leaves. As far as the heat generated by the lights themselves (the drivers and whatnot), that should be at the top of the tent, above the lights, and getting exhausted by the fans.

1 Like

So your saying if your room temp is 83f and leaf temp is 79 then you type that in the pulse and it will tell you what? I’m just confused

Yes, that is my grow light. I have 2 300s in a 4x4 tent. RVK 150 L1, extraction, RVK 125 intake, Mountain Air Filter and fan speed controller. I must say thank you to take the time to look up my light to help understand more. I came from a 600w HPS and first time using LED lights, I know they run cooler and get what your saying about the lack of IR. Maybe my SensorPush are actually giving higher readings when light is on. I did test the Pulse at a few inches higher and getting 75f in tent with 67f room temp. My SensorPush says 80f. I think i maybe just need to dial it in a bit more but starting to see where things could be going wrong. The tent is possibly cooler than my other sensors are telling me and the Pulse could actually be the closest. I will test the leaf temp tomorrow and update then. But appreciate your time and help. Peace.

So after taking leaf temp i got 70.5f and air temp of 75f. The pulse is thankfully spot on and my SensorPush is sadly not so much. It made it more difficult that I moved to LED and got a new hygrometer at the same time. Anyway I am glad I was proven wrong and it is a really good sensor. Thanks to all for the help . You have a nice community here. Peace

2 Likes

I was referring to my master controller. All my led lights run from a master controller that allows sunrise/sunset and dimmable function and able to run 2 rooms from one controller. So I can dim my lights from 0%-100% to maximize my dli and vpd during different phases of growth.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out :smiley: