Option to enable an auto-refresh of Pulse Web UI data

Currently, it doesn’t appear there is any way to automatically refresh the data in the web UI. This requires a manual click and prevents hands-free at-a-glance monitoring.

While it makes sense to not clobber the back-end API every 30 seconds for new data, an auto refresh every few minutes would suffice for most use cases. Maybe even add sub 5m refreshes a perk of a paid tier?

Hello there!

From what i see we refresh the data for the dashboard, when viewing the list of your devices. I think the interval is around 30 seconds.

Or do you mean the device details page ? I think there’s no auto refresh there

First, thanks for being so quick to reply!

Apologies for not being clearer. Device details page with the graph. While I understand that it may be beneficial to see the dashboard when running multiple sensors, the hobbyist (like myself) who only has one gets more information by just watching the single device details/graph/averages/min&max/etc.

(Would also love to see premium plans that are priced to accommodate single-device users for API and exports as well, but that’s another post altogether :smiley:. Painful to pay 60% of the cost of the device per-year just to have scheduled exports or have to pay 200% to be able to pull that data via API.)

(Would also love to see premium plans that are priced to accommodate single-device users for API and exports as well, but that’s another post altogether :smiley:. Painful to pay 60% of the cost of the device per-year just to have scheduled exports or have to pay 200% to be able to pull that data via API.)

^I’d also love this.

1 Like

Thank you! We appreciate all of your feedback and value that you’ve taken the time to provide such detailed comments.

I think it’s a great idea to renew information automatically on the device details page too and i’ll make myself a task to get that in. We’ll get there :slight_smile:

About the pricing stuff - feedback is always appreciated, feel free to dm me about this when you have the time :slight_smile: I’ll make a note to discuss this a bit with our team.

Thank you once more for contributing

@monstermash @bamboozalicious we’ve got free weekly exports from the chart export button FYI.

Having a free tier for the API is on the roadmap :slight_smile:

@peet Thanks for the update. TL;DR: I’m an IT nerd by day… and also by night. Looking to (eventually) pipe data from a single Pulse One and an upcoming soil moisture sensing pi project into an ELK stack to use Kibana for a single pane of glass. Surely not a normal use-case, I know (try cooling and managing humidity in your garden when it’s 6 inches from ~24U of racked hardware). Weekly exports won’t work for this so I’ll wait patiently for API access. :smile:

@Ggofman Unless I’m missing something (probable), I can’t find any way to DM on this platform.

You guys are awesome. Wish every vendor I dealt with had as good of a response as you do!

From what i see you can DM someone by clicking on the circle with their avatar (or first letter of the username) and you’ll get a popup with the message :slight_smile:

No dice. Maybe limited to moderators? Shoot one over to me. It may start the DM that way?

We just released the live updated function for device details / charts. Updates once a minute for all types of users.

Hope it serves you well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just checked it out — “Loading data from server” and no full page refresh. That’s great to see.

Many thanks for adding that.

2 Likes