NEWBIE QUESTION: Pulse one works without interent connection?

Hello I’ve just discovered this amazing product and i’m thinking of buying it but my grow space is in a place without internet connection. Can i use it with my phone hotspot when i’m there to download the saved datas or it is useless without a permanent internet connection?

Thank you so much and excuse me for my poor english

I dont know . I know it’s a good product to use to monitor everything. But I have internet. I think it still worked when my power went out but I cant remember

1 Like

it will most probably work - but it won’t be able to notify you when there is a problem, so you will be taking it from an active intelligent monitoring device to a passive data capturing device.

Make sure to connect to power else you will drain the battery as the devices tries to search for WiFi.

1 Like

I kind of think it would be pointless brother . The whole point of a data logger is to data log. And if it’s only on when you are there that isn’t going to help you . Good luck

1 Like

It collects data when offline and uploads it after it re-connects. So you can set up your pulse, and stop by once a day with your phone’s hotspot. The Pulse will connect to the hotspot and upload all of the stored data.

As some of the other users said, you won’t get alerts, but at least you’ll get the data!

2 Likes

thank you all guys. i was thinking of buying it in order to increase the quantity and quality of my datas so it looks like its perfect for my target. I have a little hope that the 2,4 ghz antenna could catch my domestic wifi but If it doesn’t, I’ll still be happy to have an amazing data log. thank you all once again, this community it’s incredibly efficient, polite and helpful a this alone is another good reason to buy the pulse now.

1 Like

Hey buddy have you thought about a range extender ? They have 30$ ones at Home Depot. That might help your signal . I think they even have ones you can plug a LAN into if your handy enough to run a hard wire closer to the grow and then WiFi it w the extender when your close enough for the pulse to function. Good luck man!

1 Like

thanks for your suggestion. I have considered the extender but i’m not sure that it helps cause i have the grow in the cellar which is 3 floors down but I could try anyway and return it if it doesn’t work.

1 Like

You can also get another router and some ethernet cable, run the cable 3 floors down and plug it into a router in your cellar.

A couple hundred feet of ethernet cable is only like $25, and you can get a $20 router. https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-N300-Wireless-Wi-Fi-Router-TL-WR841N/dp/B001FWYGJS

https://smile.amazon.com/Cat5e-200FT-Networking-Ethernet-Router/dp/B01BMZD7C4/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=ethernet+cable+200ft&qid=1614186908&s=electronics&sr=1-5

2 Likes