Feature Request: Add additional time slices/change default

When you click into one of your devices you are presented with some zoom time slices:
1hr, 3hr, 1d, 1wk, 1m, 1yr

Personally for me I don’t often look at 1wk, 1m, and 1 yr (if I wanted to I’d change the date in those boxes). However I would very much prefer to see it with additional more recent time slices. A 6hr and 12hr time slice would be very useful to me. When making an environment change I like to monitor it fairly closely and being able to drill down into time slices 12hrs or less, would make it easier.

Ideally (in my option) I’d think this would be better and easily fit:
1hr, 3hr, 6hr, 12hr, 1d, 1wk, 1m, 1yr

Additionally it would be nice to set which time slice is the default when opening the graph for that device. For instance now it always shows 1d, would like to preset that to default to say 3hr or 6/12hr if they became available.

2 Likes

All of those options wouldn’t fit on a mobile view, but perhaps we can have that option on desktop view.

We’re planning more chart customizations and improvements in the future.

Not with that attitude :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s likely not high on the list but a more dynamic layout would make that a lot less painful and allow other functions to be much easier to use on a mobile device… The graph slider, text input boxes, and a few other things are difficult or impossible to use on a mobile device. I use it on my mobile device significantly more than I use it on web, and I’d be shocked if that wasn’t most peoples use case.

For what its worth on an iPhone 12 Pro Max there is plenty of room for at least 2 additional time slices, but I’m guessing the UI doesn’t scale based on screen size.

Anyways keep up the good work, I love this thing.

1 Like

Definitely some good feedback, it’s on my radar. We’ll try & address this sometime soon.

Added 12 hour (and some more chart improvements).

1 Like

Added a feature that saves your last selected slice as the default, also it saves your selected series. For example if you deselect VPD & DP by clicking on them in the legend, it remembers that.

I really like the new format. I think you guys are killing it. Can’t wait for my pro this week. Question with the light parameter on the pulse one though. Currently I’m using a shade now with the light measuring different should I remove that? I’ve noticed with the makeshift shade it fluctuates a bit depending if the pulse moves. Thanks for the great work.

1 Like

So i’m still figuring out exactly how the light measuring mode will work.

To start it will be like a hand held reader:

1. You hold the pulse as horizontal as possible under your lights
  2. Press the button
  3. It takes a reading
  4. It uploads it to the app

A little down the line, It will correlate real time readings to a hand-held reading once set up in place somewhere, but I have to figure out exactly how the pulse will have to be placed for that to work.

Awesome. Thank you, this is great. Appreciate you adding :slight_smile:

For a minute there I thought something was up w my ballast . The light is bouncing around in the 86-96% range. I’m curious why the light settings won’t go up to 100% as a set value.it maxes out at 96% always no matter what I do . I’m sure this was answered already at some point but I def missed it . Thanks in advance !

That’s just how the Pulse One’s light sensor responds to lights. It’s a relative measure of light strength, and not at all valuable for optimizing how much lights the plants need, but very useful for telling you when your timers mess up or catching light leaks.

For an agriculturally significant light reading you need PPFD (which the Pulse Pro measures). Any other light readings (Lux, footcandles, etc), might as well be a relative reading like the Pulse One’s light sensor.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on how this relates to the pro? On normal function on the pro (not taking ppfd readings) am I right in assuming its monitoring the light strength unlike the pulse one? Or does it function like the pulse one in that respect?

For now it functions like the Pulse One when viewed on the dashboard and environmental chart. To get the spectral readings you have to go to the Spectrum tab on the device page.

Here’s more detail on that: https://support.pulsegrow.com/en/articles/4880998-using-the-pulse-pro-to-take-an-advanced-light-reading