Difficult to connect to wifi, going on years

Every time I set up a new pulse device, or re-set up an existing one, I have to take a deep breath and get ready for an excessively long period of frustration. I don’t think it’s ever worked on the first try, and the dialog to connect to wifi is a frustrating experience that needs some work.

When selecting wifi, we’re often presented with a list that includes a random assortment of access points, which in my case rarely includes the one I’m trying to connect to. I’m forced to go back, search, go back, search go back, search, go back, search.

Once I see my access point, I enter the password and click connect. This typically fails a few times making me start the process over. Doesn’t say why it failed, and clicking “try again” brings me back to pressing reset and searching for my pulse device.

After having spent hours doing this over my history with pulse, I’ve learned that my fix to the problem is just to try over and over and over until it works, which it eventually does. This sux.

This has happened everywhere I’ve used it, but my current location is using an Orbi Pro router + extenders, with wireless VLAN enabled so that there is an SSID specifically for iot devices. I’m just mentioning this because I assumed someone would ask, however I’ve had the same problem in previous locations with regular netgears etc. The ssid is broadcasting in 5ghz and 2.4.