CO2 Sensing For Pulse Hub

It would be great if a CO2 sensing function could be added to the THV sensor. Avoiding the use of a dedicated Hub port would be great but if this is not possible a stand alone sensor would also work.

Humidity sensors as well as co2 sensors are notoriously difficult to keep properly calibrated, and it’s unlikely they will fail at the same rate.

When it comes to drop-in sensors like the pulse it makes sense to have all sensors be part of a single device, but for modular stationary devices I’m pretty sure it’s superior to have them be separate. That way if your humidity sensor gets fouled from getting fogged or sprayed it doesn’t ruin your co2 sensor as well, which is probably put in a much safer location.

However, if the cost of the cluster sensor is low enough then I suppose it would be nice to have it all in one.

Aroya just released the Climate One, a wifi based weather station that does temp, humidity, vpd and co2. I will reach the 12 sensor limit on the hub some day and something like the Climate One would keep me below the limit but I also appreciate the value of separate sensors. I would be content either solution …

Hi there!
Just incase, You can use the Zones tab to combine data from hub sensors and Pulse ones and Pros to get Co2 data alongside the hub. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

If you use zones to combine two sensors do those sensors count as one or two against the hub limit?

Zones are a purely in app feature. They do not affect the amount of sensors that you can attach to a hub.
a Zone can also use sensors from multiple hubs. (So for example you can use a zone to aggregate data from 24 sensors (on 2 different hubs) + a Pulse Pro)

I would recommend checking it out and feel free to ask any questions :wink:

Adding a Pulse Pro for a CO2 sensor is overkill for me. My Hub has 2 PH sensors, 2 VWC sensors, 2 EC sensors, 1 Quantum ePar sensor, 1 THV sensor and all are in one 4x8 grow env. Zones adds value where I have redundant sensors. However the Pulse Pro, with the exception of the CO2 sensor, adds redundancy on top of the redundancy that the Hub has already provided.

Hub based CO2 sensing and OpenSprinkler integration are the missing links for me. I’m putting together an OS based irrigation controller and Pulse is working on OS integration so I’ll be a CO2 sensor short of a crop steering system.

There are many SDI/Modbus CO2 sensors available in the current market that could easily be added to the hub.

For someone with my setup adding a Pulse Pro to gain CO2 monitoring is adding overkill that increases sensor expense and adds data points that I don’t need or want.

1 Like

Agreed, I really wish I could get a THV-1 with CO2, but I’d settle for an additional hub connected sensor. I would have to imagine this is on the roadmap somewhere.

Hey Wyatt & @monstermash, appreciate your feedback here. Thankfully, CO2 sensors and OS (OpenSprinkler) integrations for the Hub are on our roadmap and in the works! I can’t say too much just yet, but we’re excited to show everyone what we’ve been working on when the time comes.

Maybe @peet can give some more info if he’s feeling generous :wink:

1 Like

I hope it’s on the list … it’s hard to imagine being marooned one sensor short of a crop steering system. CO2 would be great and THV-1 + CO2 even better.

1 Like

That’s what I needed to hear! Thx John

2 Likes