Bug: Push notifications not rounding change

Starting this afternoon, I noticed that my push notifications are no longer rounding when displaying the change. My app was also updated today.

Reproduced on:
iPhone 12 Pro Max
iOS: 16.0.2
Pulse app: 3.1.5

1 Like

@monstermash Hi there! I’ve deployed a fairly large thing for some of our internal stuff and must have introduced this bug.

Sorry for that. I’ll have a fix within a day or so.

And thank you for taking the time to post this.
We do appreciate it.

1 Like

Not a problem always happy to help.

Should be fixed now

That bug appears to be resolved. Thank you for the quick turnaround :slight_smile:

However, it’s worth pointing out another, although I’m not sure if this is new or not.

I received this push notification this morning:

It appears the data presented to the user is rounded, but the alert thresholds do not take that into account.
When I looked at the data my VPD was 0.89 and my threshold is set to 0.9. This leads to some less than desirable edge cases.

Requested solution:
In the past I’ve asked if VPD could be presented as two decimal places(in all placements). This would eliminate this edge case* . Additionally when I see 0.9 I prefer to not have to guess its actual value as it appears that number could represent the range of 0.89-0.98.
(*possibly, I can’t see you code to validate thats the only fix required)

nit:

• Vpd should be VPD
  • The copy is partially title case and partially not. (If I was product I’d ditch title case cause looks funny when not obviously a title)
  • I’d also remove the URL from the push as the deeplinks work well enough and the user already has the data as to which device is alerting. Not clear what the use case for including it is.

EDIT: To be clear these are just humble suggestions.

2 Likes

good suggestions all around though

1 Like