Blueberry She or Blueberry He

Don’t let that get you down! Plants die sometimes. I would recommend learning how to do it, as you could find a true alpha cultivar and it’s good to keep around if you really like it. Pheno hunting is kinda like gambling.

Here’s how I do it and my success rate is around 99%

Prep (I’ll do abit of retro active advice, I don’t you you want 50- 78 clones in a 10x20)

1. Get a small jiffy puck tray/ dome (like 16 sites, you can find them at general stores like Walmart/ Canadian tire and regular plant nurseries)
  2. Have a good sharp pair of scissors and a scalpel or box cutter (easier with a scalpel)
  3. Rooting compound (I swear by stim room #3 but promix is an asshole company and stopped making it second best is rootech)
  4. 99% isopropyl alcohol
  5. A cup

Steps

1. Soak the entire tray with water or weak feed (dont flood it but it has to wet)

2. Fill cup with water

3. Look for a good clone.

• big healthy leafs, 3 good nodes, 7in long
  4. After cutting the clone, while it’s still in your hand pull the stem down and push the leafs together

5. Trim the leafs (in between the middle and tip)

6. Place in cup

7. Repeat till you can fill a tray

8. Place clone on a flat surface

9. Cut clone to 5in at a 45*

10. LIGHTLY tap bottom 1/2in with cutting device 3 times (there is a layer of cells which are undifferentiated in between the skin and stem)

11.place processed clone into rooting media (cover everything which will go into the puck or cube)

1. Place clone into puck or cube

2. Repeat till tray is filled

3. Place dome on tray

4. Away from your main light, they don’t need a lot of light

5. When roots first begin to appear, start hardening off (open vents, remove the dome)

Sterilize everything (don’t put pucks or cubes in iso but wipe it everything down, damping off is a bitch)

Big thing is numbers and not to be discouraged by death, there are other ways of doing it and I would say find what works best for you.

Appreciate the feedback. Definitely what I needed to hear. At some point, if/when my circumstances allow me to do so, I will give it a whirl (step x step as you laid it out).

I know “numbers” is the key for regular seed germination as well. I’ve known a few people, who only use a seed or two when they attempt to germinate (because, in their mind they are being quite smart & saving money!). They may be very lucky with that, but I wouldn’t bet on it. If they were to germinate 10 or even 20 seeds at once, they’d dramatically increase their odds of popping 1 or 2 that are just BETTER than the others. More $$ up front (YES) but not really in the whole scheme of things.

Glad you didn’t listen to me lol. Maybe I aught to b a bit more patient myself

Under GrowCraft lights, June 4, 2021.

15 Trichome Pics taken on 06.08.2021

Tommy, a little luck never hurts :slight_smile:

I have not started flushing yet. This is an area where I feel that to a certain extent . . . I’m guessing, as far as when to begin flushing prior to HARVEST