Best Humidity Controller?

The ink-bird is a great controller but the device you are using has to be capable of Auto restart after power failure. This is how the ink-bird controls your device. It’s simply turn the power off and on to the controlled Outlet. If your device is not capable of Auto restart after power outage then you will need to manually turn it back on. Best to look for a device that advertises Auto restart or simply just look for a good old-fashioned physical knob and nothing digital.

1 Like

i run a inkbird ITC-608T and really like it. i bought a dehu and a space heater tht don’t have auto restart myself. oh well, live n learn.
if unit will not auto restart like H2Grow pointed out, you just run device direct to outlet. u will have to turn on manually if power goes out. it suks but wutevr. my dehu is direct to outlet, programmable and has a overflow hose so no worries. perfect for my little 3x3 tent.
but yeah, H2Grow is right. now i call/email or read question section on amazon. :v:

Hey laser, just curious which brand of cool most humidifiers you got going there? I bought a couple of similar ones but they unfortunately won’t turn themselves back on if I cut power to it (I tried unplugging and plugging back in, have to manually turn back on everytime). They’ll be alright to supplement my main humidifier but I’m gonna need to get some more now that can be controlled for my second tent.

Hi Winger17, I have three vicks filter free cool mist humidifiers. I have a 4th on order. They hold 1.2 gals each. I ordered a 4th one. My tent is 5x5 but with heater cycling and blower on low to cool three of these worked well, but four will be just right I think.

They have no electronic controls. Just variable output. I run all on max and let my humidistat control them.

I have the InkBird Humidity and temp controllers. I don’t use them any more for control. To much overshoot//hunting.

I keep my HLG55 Rspec fixed at very top of tent and lower raise plants and adjust HLG intensity to get my PPFD. This dictates tent temp and I adjust humidity to hit VPD.

I use a PLUG’N’GROW PNG-030 HUMIDITY controller. It uses FUZZY" logic so it learns your settings and anticipates and keeps humidity on target with very little over shoot. It has its own internal fan to move air over the sensor for VERY FAST readings. It also has a NIGHT setting so your night time humidity is controlled independently of daytime settings. This controller kicks butt and is VERY affordable.

If the Pulse had an interface or ability to control humidity (like the Plug’N"Grow) based on temperature data throughout the day we would have the absolutely best control on market!! It would impress even ME even more!

I used this one in a grow before. Nice that you can direct where the output goes, and that you can fill it from the top.

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Removable-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-White/dp/B01KIUY3PO/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=humidifier+honeywell&qid=1607965934&sr=8-13

1 Like

I get my humidity from keeping my plants hydrated but the InkbirdSmart set up is capable of keeping your grow dialed in. At least for me it does

When I open the tent the humidity drops significantly but if I don’t disturb it , it’s a well oiled machine

2 Likes

I’m with you there tommy. I only have the humidity controller hooked up but it keeps the humidity fluctuating about 5% (57%-62% at the moment). Real dry where I’m at so even without opening the tent the humidity doesn’t take long to drop but it goes almost instantly down to about 25-30 when I open the tent.

Might have to invest in a little heater for next winter though. Feel like I’m walking the line here with low temp. But the ambient temperature outside right now is about -42 C (-50C with wind chill) so I think 17 with lights off and no heater isn’t too bad considering. Not ideal though

I have similar issue, where humidity and temps drop in tent whenever I open it, but with enough humidification ‘power’ it recovers within minutes of closing up the tent. One of the things I like about controllers is that they will self balance the environment…guess that’s the whole point of controllers in first place. Maintaining consistency, but also rebalancing when it gets disturbed.

The inkbirds do allow adjustment of the thresholds for heating/cooling as well as for humidification/dehumidification. The higher the threshold, the bigger the swing. I find that 3% rh differential and 2-3 degree temp differential works well after some experimentation. If difference values are set to high you get wider swings. If set too low, the system will fight itself and cycle heat/humidity too frequently. Be sure to check out these settings.

Much depends on how much airflow through the tent and conditions outside the tent. My tent is in cool and dry basement. So with colder weather (Maine) these days I need more heating for sure. More heating means more humidification as well.