Alert list and alert emails don't match, some events missing

Last night I had a power outage, and was notified via email that my pulse was disconnected. I was trying to determine how long the power was out, and I know that sometimes I get alerts saying that power was restored (…just recovered from a power event), so I assumed that by logging on I could check the alert list for the device and see both the power outage and the power recovery to determine the duration of the power outage. I was also specifically hoping that I could use that information to view the graph during the power outage to see what sort of issues may have occurred during the power outage.

Unfortunately, neither last night’s power outage or power recovery are listed as events on the pulse website. What’s unusual is that those sorts of events are in the list from prior outages, almost like a random assortment of events are retained.

I’m assuming that it’s a bug that email events and events in the list not matching is a bug. I’d also like to suggest that we ensure that the list contain both a power outage and power restored event because that would be useful to users. For units that have a batter backup, it would be helpful to ensure that data collected during the power & wifi outage are provided to the server after the recovery so that users can see what happened during the outage event.

Thanks!

I’d like to add to this post by saying that I’d prefer to be able to view alerts on a per-room (or per sensor if I can’t group them by room) basis. I currently manage 12 rooms and if I I don’t want to be distracted by sensors for other areas if I’m trying to look at issues with a specific room.

Hello, thank you for your input!

We are considering adding a list of alerts per Zone / Room (and maybe zone based notifications).
However, i can’t really say when we’ll have the time to add this in, but i will try to bump it’s priority.