High temps in lights out

Hey man I would try running it at 55 and see what happens. And I would get yourself a continuous drain dehumidifier or get yourself a condensate pump that you can use to automatically empty the dehu water into a drain. What’s the environment outside the tent like ?

In a 3x3x7 tent I ran an exhale 365 bag (this is the exhale version that requires a month or so prior to use to light off) and this version is supposed to be superior to the normal version, also costs twice as much.

I already had a titan CO2 controller in the tent because I was starting to put my system together, but I wanted to run a few autos so I did a test just with the bag. With the controller calibrated for altitude and understanding at sea level and at ambient temp of 75F CO2 naturally is about 450ish ppm. The bag full pop with an RH in the tent of 55% or so never got above 600ppm.
In veg ideally you want 1100 to 1300ppm of CO2 and about 900 to 1100ppm of CO2 during the first 3 weeks of flower add an additional week for transition to flower if that’s how you roll (I always observe transition). After 4 total weeks in flower I turn off CO2. In total (I run a perpetual grow) CO2 is only used for a total of 12 weeks and that costs about $30 (20lbs bottle) to refill at any keg or welding shop. It’s the best way to go, a little pricey for the buy in but very well worth it in the long run. You will see plants at a minimum 1/3 bigger in veg than they used to be.

I think it’s yeast and sugar? Not 100% sure, I just remember shaking the shit out of those bottles as many times a day as possible…lol
1300 that’s pretty good, what was it before he started using the bottles?

Maybe I’ll run the small one outside the tent and run a hose to a big tote so it never over flows, that should help with the temperature being higher at night than during the day. My day time environment is fine it’s just the night humidity that’s getting me.

I’m not sure I’ll have to get with Junior and get all those details I will let you know when I have them thanks

So Junior tells me that used a mixture of brewer’s yeast, sugar, baking soda and water. He’s supposed to send me a link to the web site he got the information from. I search briefly and everything I saw is just a mixture of brewer’s yeast, sugar and water.
There was even a recipe using citric acid for vinegar and baking soda make a CO2 generator.
I’ll let you know what I come up with.

1 Like

Ok turns out the smaller dehumidifier I put in the tent is a 45 pint. I thought it was a 25-30 cause it’s so much smaller than my 50 pint and the storage bucket is only half the size.guess that’s why it was turning on/off like 10 times an hour
If my calculations are correct my plants use about 1 pint a day and I’ve got 23, so that means I should put a 20 pint dehumidifier in my tent instead of the 45 I have in there now?

45 is prob a little too big. Def shoot for a 30 or less and you should be golden.

Dam, 23 plants ! I hope your automated ! Soo much work if done manual.

1 Like

And when you shoot for 55-60 you’ll see how much that will help it from running soo much . Keep in mind if your environment outside the tent is dryer and cooler , you can utilize that by pumping in that air to help with the RH. Combined with an exhaust running 24/7( carbon filter ) , airflow and a proper sized dehu you should be mint. Idk if you use WiFi Inkbird controllers but those work pretty awesome for controlling your environment . I use both The WiFi Rh and temperature controllers and they work great for me. Here’s my conditions the last month. You can see my RH is on the higher end but when properly set up there’s a good chance You’ll be fine.

1 Like

Lol, I use blumats and love them, I just put tap water in my res every few days. Thinking I might start putting in the water I get from my dehumidifier.

Check this out . Has WiFi also. might be perfect for you at this stage. Also keep in mind as you up pot you may need more dehumidification power .

1 Like

I’m just flowering a bunch of different strains that I purchased this year trying to find phenos good enough to hang with my six keepers I’ve found over the years.
So I just flower them small in 1 or 2 gallon pots. Last year I used 1 gallon but I’m liking using the 2 gallons this year better, there’s less problem this year and they are a fair bit bigger.
I usually run around 10 in 2-5 gallon pots regularly, I just started doing 1 bigger pheno hunt each year to run through a bunch of smaller seedlings to find the plants I like and trash the ones I don’t. Did the same thing last year and added 2 plants out of 20-25 to my keepers.

So hopefully it won’t change the amount of moisture I need to take out of the air when I go back to my regular 10 or so. I can’t see it being that different, it’s a different number of plants but the smaller number of plants just means they are alot bigger so I’m thinking it will equal out.