Condensation on 1 side of grow tent

Here’s mine outside of tent. This is is Avery common practice to reduce some heat.

1 Like

You’re’ good with the T8…it’s always better to oversize than be under. This way you can run that T8 at 50% and get the circulation you need. Plus, when you do need the carbon filter, you will still be getting good circulation because adding the filter does reduce the efficiency of the fan, and you can bump up the speed on your T8 a couple notches. Don’t be afraid to turn that thing up a couple notches now (after removing the carbon filter) to see what impact that has as well.

Do the walls of your tent slightly suck in with it closed? If not, crank your T8 up some.

For what you have, I would think the fans you have in the tent are good. You may need to reconfigure there orientation when the plants get bigger though.

1 Like

Wow thank you for all the help man, really appreciate it! I will remove the carbon filter and see what impact that has. My T8 is set to the 3rd fan speed and the tent walls suck in very nicely even with the tent flap open! I will apply your suggestions and see what helps!

1 Like

If you need to put that T8 to full use, you can get support poles to keep the tent from sucking in due to the negative pressure. Gorilla Grow Tents has a kit they call “high cfm kit” You can see them in use in my tent

1 Like

LOL…very true…that T8 will make that 4x4 fold up. Also, curious why you have your filter on the floor? Wouldn’t it be better to have it sucking the hot air from the top of the tent?

Plants looking nice, btw.

Here’s mine. Lights off. 1 more week to chop.

2 Likes

Wow thank you for that! I’ve noticed that when I raise my T8 to a speed of about 5, I start seeing a little bend in the tent so I was always cautious not to go near that speed, I will certainly loom into those poles!

I get that question a lot, and for whatever reason my setup just seems to perform better that way. Don’t really know exactly why

Hey also curious, what kind of clip on fans are you using? The clip on fans that I purchased from amazon, the clip is sideways so I was not able to get it to clip onto my tent poles cause the fan was to close to the tent wall… that’s why one is on the floor and the other is hanging from a ratchet rope(not very ideal)

The fans are 8" oscillating “lil blizzard”. The mount was printed on a 3D printer from a guy on IG. I can give you his info if you would like

Oh wow, was the 3D mounting printed because you could not get it to clip on or…? Is that’s common thing to see clip on fans that can’t clip on to the tent poles?

Do you have the 3d model for those mounts? I have a buddy that if I give him the file, he can print it. Those mounts are nice.

I don’t, but If you hit up woodshed13 on IG I’m sure he’d help you out. He’s the one that designed what I have

2 Likes

That or place a fan to redirect windows ac air so that it’s not blowing on the one side of the tent

1 Like

The fans themselves are tabletop fans. You remove the factory base and it bolts directly into the mount he designed

You can just get something like these: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Adjustable-Tablet-Mount-Holder/dp/B07RD8B8ZB/ref=pd_lpo_23_t_2/139-8470605-4201852?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07RD8B8ZB&pd_rd_r=7914a52c-f433-434a-9495-7768f39d2cae&pd_rd_w=9ETib&pd_rd_wg=nSg3a&pf_rd_p=7b36d496-f366-4631-94d3-61b87b52511b&pf_rd_r=VF1WZTC4KF8SRW6JZSDS&psc=1&refRID=VF1WZTC4KF8SRW6JZSDS

edit: here’s a 2 pack for $26
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078SMWW4M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Great! Thanks for that…added to my “Stuff to get” list.