About the Features category

Suggest new features here and learn about what features are coming in the near (or not so near) future.

Push data every 1min to the app. 30secs would be nice, 10 even…
This should have been this way already. I know of another product
that does the same and gives 1GB/month outbound traffic free per device.
Just say’n…

What’s the other product?

You sure you want that answered here? This other product excited me so much, I immediately
started negotiating exclusive North American Distribution rights with the company…

is it based in the UK? And if you’re worried about posting, just message me

Not worried about posting, just thought it might not be appropriate to drop info here
about a competitor. My personality is kinda abrasive in general, so I try to my best
to not offend…

Yes, UbiBot WS1 and WS1-Pro…

Ah yeah, we’re aware of these guys. It’s yet another generic solution, there’s a bunch of these type of guys.

On the other hand, Pulse is purpose built, specifically for growers.

When you need to screw in a screw, are you going to grab a hammer?

1 Like

I thought you would be aware of them, they are really your only competitor before going to commercial level products. My search skills are good and I looked far and wide, I did not find
“a bunch” of guys. At the level of your product, there are really only 2.
The offerings from UbiBot are far beyond what your product offers, way beyond. The only thing missing is the VPD calculation, which is just a calculation and can be added to any sensor software with temp and humidity.
The other offering would be from InkBird, a far second. The rest out there are crap generic stuff and DIY projects with Arduino and Pi…
Love the analogy but I see this as…
Screwing a screw with a screwdriver of a different brand, proper screwdriver, just different handle design…

I will be running a side by side with my current Pulse One in flower tent 1, WS1 in flower tent 2. We’ll see how it stacks up to yours, at almost a 3rd the price I might add… Cost me $280(after 20 discounted) to get yours to my door, the WS1 will cost me $110…

We’ll keep building our platform in support of our customers (growers), while the ubibot product will stay a generic product. I’ll agree that they have a whole lot of features that we don’t have, but they’ve been around since 2013, which is quite a bit longer than we have, so they’ve got a bit of a head start on certain features.

I assure you in the coming months Pulse will continue to suit the needs of growers better and better, while ubibot will still be a generic solution. It will address a lot of different needs, and have a lot of features, but will start looking more like a hammer, while you still need to screw in a screw.

1 Like

Ok Pete, your reinforcement of the analogy tells me you’re not done dancing to this tune…
So, here we go…

You focus on “designed/built for growers”, all I see is the same device as every other cloud based temp/humidity monitor, with an added VPD calculation. All you did was take the printed graph off the grow room wall and put it in the software.

I watched db003 of AutoFlowerNetwork’s YouTube video. A year ago your product was called “Pulse Nano” and had a big orange pulse blip logo on it. Now it has a smaller red logo, is now the “Pulse One” and does the same things as described a year ago. So, what have you been doing to justify that price?

How do you think I found these other offerings? I didn’t know about them and then buy yours! I got your product and in only a few days I was left wanting… That led me to search for what I missed out there, in my blind excitement to get yours. You can’t imagine my disappointment finding out how much more I paid for a VPD line on the graph.

Since you label the UbiBot solutions as hammers, let me play out a scenario…

The WS1 I just ordered will give me Light, Vibration, Temp and Humidity. It also has an external port for 2 more sensors. I ordered the extra 300cm long temp sensor and it will go in my reservoir, nice! I can also add a soil temp/humidity sensor to round it all out! We won’t even get into the fact it’s already IFTTT compatible…

What has me so interested in UbiBot as a distributor is the earning potential of the WS1-Pro. It can do all the above, has an LCD and can take a GSMR SIM card for connectivity. The amount of greenhouses, poultry farms, etc. here in Canada, with cell service but No internet is a huge market I can’t pass up.

So… Screwdriver… Hammer… Stop it!

Rasta

1 Like

Since the big orange logo design we’ve scaled up from 3d printed prototypes to full scale manufacturing, revised the circuit design for higher temperature and humidity accuracy, added a dew point calculation, added air pressure data, disconnect alerts, power outage alerts, calibration, battery functionality (our initial device didn’t work great on battery), we’ve reworked the UI in our app to be way more user friendly, we customized our firmware to make sure that the LED on the Pulse never lights up (don’t want light in your grow).

I know outwardly the product hasn’t changed much - especially since you’ve started using it, but we’ve definitely been busy, and there’s much more to come.

Closing this thread since it’s gone off topic.

1 Like